Monday, September 22, 2014

YOGA

My yoga session this week was extremely relaxing. As each week passes, I find my skills in flexibility and strength to be developing. This week we focused on flexibility within the hips.  I undertook new challenges as I executed each new position. The following is a picture of me before yoga:




I find yoga to be a wonderful way to relieve stress and stay calm throughout the heavy work week. While at my yoga class, the stress of the outside world and school are unimportant. A yoga pose which I have been working on perfecting is the backward prayer hands pose. The following is an image of what this pose looks like:

(http://www.dentonsatsang.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/namaskar-128x300.jpg)

Though this pose may look simple, it takes a lot of flexibility within the arms and shoulders to be correctly done. This pose is practiced every class and I can see myself  getting closer to properly executing the pose!

No comments:

Post a Comment