Monday, September 8, 2014

Helping Hands

Today was our first official helping hands session! I was extremely excited to be back with the kids as I enjoy this club greatly. I planned and initiated a variety of “get to know you” activities. These included a game in which the students had to state their name, age, and favorite food in front of the class. They later had to toss a board eraser to another student and repeat the other person’s information. This activity improved the children’s confidence in speaking English in front of a group and also helped them get to know each other. The following are pictures of this activity:




In the next activity the student were asked to organize themselves in alphabetical name order. I planned this activity in hopes that it would improve speaking skills, memorization of the English alphabet, and help the kids remember each other’s names. 





Finally, I took pictures of the kids that they will use next week to make name tags. Overall, this was a productive and fun first session. Helping Hands has greatly helped in developing my leadership and teaching skills! I took on a new challenge when joining this club last year as it was my first experience with teaching younger children.





No comments:

Post a Comment