Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Drive for Dahl and Rice

This week, students have begun making donations for dahl and rice! Last week I gave a presentation to my school about my work over the summer with community concern society. This presentation revealed my commitment and passion towards this project! I asked the students and teachers to begin bringing in rice and dahl donations. I have exchanged emails with teachers and the head of secondary school to encourage students and teachers to bring in rice and dahl. This drive has developed my leadership skills in terms of taking initiative, communication, and organization.

The following is an example of one of the many emails exchanged between myself and faculty in order to plan this event:




I also created posters that I posted around the school to serve as a reminder for the students to donate! The response by the students so far has not been great as we have had very few donations;however, I hope that these last few days with the reminders from their teachers and they will remember to donate!

In total we ended up raising 60kg of dahl and 110 kg of rice! When I delivered the food that we raised, the leaders of Community Concern Society were thrilled! They said that we had raised such a large amount of food that they would save our donation for the week of Christmas and give the rice and dahl to the women for the holiday! This was great to hear as it meant that mine and my school's efforts had payed off and made a difference in this community! 

No comments:

Post a Comment