Monday, September 22, 2014

Community Concern Society

This week I went to Community Concern’s Baby Clinic. At this clinic I helped distribute food items to mothers and children in need. I planned and initiated a talk on fire safety and the importance of washing hands. In the section on washing hands I spoke about how to properly wash hands, when to wash hands, and diseases that could be spread through hand contact.



When talking about fire safety I spoke about ways to prevent in home fires and taught the women the Stop, Drop, and Roll. I demonstrated the Stop, Drop, and Roll and then asked the children to come to the front of the room and demonstrate their understanding of this procedure. Through this activity I developed my public speaking skills.  I learned to speak clearly and confidently!The following are pictures of this event:




No comments:

Post a Comment