Sunday, May 18, 2014

SGA

This week the SGA undertook a new challenge. We decided to run the food stand at the SAISA tournament. Because this is an important responsibility, the PTA is usually in charge of selling food. However, the SGA saw this as a wonderful opportunity to earn revenue for the student government.

We worked collaboratively to assign different roles to the class representatives. Our goal was to think of healthy snacks that would still be appealing to the athletes. I chose to bring blueberry muffins as they are a tasty carb filled treat that would give the athletes energy. The following is a picture of the muffins I baked for the tournament.



In order to help create excitement for the tournament, we made this week spirit week. The four spirit days we decided on were hippie, spots and stripes, blue and white(the school colors) , and inside out day. Our school lacks spirit, therefore it was my role as a student government member to encourage people to show their school spirit and participate in each dress up day. I showed my commitment to the SGA through wearing crazy outfits everyday that fit the theme. The following is a picture of me and my friend on stripes and spots day.

No comments:

Post a Comment