Sunday, May 18, 2014

Soccer

Each week I can see the OSC soccer team improving. We have weekly practices in order to stay in shape for next season and for an upcoming tournament. This week we focused on passing and corner kicks. In todays practice, I not only saw myself developing new skills, but also undertaking new challenges. In the corner kick drills I had usually been near the goal in a shooting position. However, in this practice the coaches changed my position to the player taking the corner kick. This is a big challenge as one must learn exactly at what height they must kick the ball and have perfect placement. If the ball is not kicked high enough, it may easily be intercepted by the other team. However, if kicked too high it may be a useless play. I increased my awareness of my strengths and weaknesses as a player while doing this drill. I realized that I am good at placing the ball in the correct position. My weakness is my lack of power. My legs are not as strong as those of a few other players, and this causes my power when kicking the ball to be less.

Picture of me after soccer practice
 
The OSC soccer team takes our practices very seriously. However, we always ensure that we are also having fun while we practice. In order for a team to succeed ,the players must first bond and get to know each other!


No comments:

Post a Comment