Monday, May 26, 2014

Final CAS Reflection

This year I have been very active in a variety of extra curricular activities. I have fulfilled more than the necessary hours for creativity, service, and action.

Under the category of creativity, I chose to be a part of the student government. By taking on this role, I was undertaking a new challenge. I had never before been a part of the student government. This experience was very new for me.Here I developed new skills in organization and in planning different events. By far the most successful event was the Oscars. A large number of people came and everyone really enjoyed the event. The following is a picture of the Oscars.

Under the category of action, this year I have been a very active member of the soccer and basketball team. I greatly enjoyed both of these activities. They allowed me to identify my strengths and weaknesses as an athlete. I realized that my strengths were in fitness and speed, while my weaknesses were in power and strength. In these sports activities I also learned how to work collaboratively with others. A team must work as a whole in order to succeed, and I believe that this held true during our seasons. I showed both commitment and perseverance, as even after the soccer season was finished, I continued going to extra practices to help develop my playing skills. The following are team photos from both the basketball and soccer seasons.

                                         This was my soccer team before our first game!
This picture is of my basketball team after our first win!
 
In the category of service, I was a part of RCCI, Helping Hands, and Salvage. I was a leader in Helping Hands and RCCI. Each week I planned and initiated activities for both of these clubs. I had to be creative and ensure that the children enjoyed themselves and learned during each session. Additionally, I had to take into consideration ethical implications. In this group we were dealing with an issue of global importance: poverty. The local children in these groups had very little in comparison to OSC students. I had to ensure that the young OSC children in Helping Hands were always sensitive to this difference. The following are my favorite pictures of my favorite service sessions.
 
This was one of the first RCCI sessions.
 
 
This picture is from the Helping Hands Christmas party!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment