Monday, November 10, 2014

The Basketball Season Begins

Today I had my very first basketball practice of the season! I have revealed my commitment to the sport through being a part of my school's team for the 6th year in a row! The first practice went very smoothly. Though as a team we have a lot of space for improvement, I believe we have a chance at winning SAISA as we did last year! After the first practice I was able to identify my greatest strengths and weaknesses as a player. My biggest strength is working collaboratively with my teammates; I am in no way a selfish player. At this point the most important goal is developing the less experienced players into better players. This means that instead of always taking the shot, its important to pass to the newer players and allow them the chance to improve their skills. My biggest weakness would be my lack of fitness. For the past few months I have only been doing yoga was exercise. Though this activity is wonderful for flexibility and mental health, it has not helped me keep up my strength and endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment