Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Food and Fun Fair

The SGA organized the Food and Fun Fair. This took place over the past weekend. It was a fair filled with a variety of fun family activities. As an SGA member we had to ensure that everything went smoothly and as planned. Each grade had their own activity. Grade eleven was in charge of the slip and slide. Kids absolutely loved this activity and paid to go up to twelve times.

The SGA was in charge of selling beverages. We had to work collaboratively when picking shifts, picking prices, and selling the drinks. Selling the drinks was an extremely stressful process because many people did not show up on time or at all for their shifts. Because of this, many of us had to work multiple shifts. The lines of people were very long. There had been a difficulty in communicating that we accepted cash only as opposed to fair tickets. This miscommunication wasted a lot of time. During this time I increased my awareness of my personal strengths and weaknesses. My strength in this situation was that I was able to work quickly and manage money well. However , my weakness was my frustration. When people did not show up for their shifts or I had to man the table by myself, I became extremely frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment