Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Helping Hands

This week in helping hands we focused on learning the different parts of the body and on numbers. With my other group leader, I planned and initiated two activities for this week. In the first activity  , we split the children up into groups. Each group had to write different body parts on sticky notes. This taught them how to spell and read the different body parts. Next, one by one they had to stick the correct sticky note on the body part of another group member. The kids found this activity to be very fun and laughed throughout the session.




 Later, we did a more active activity to teach them numbers.  The kids had to run around the field. Then we would yell out a number. Each number had a certain action that they would follow in a group of the number called. For example, when three was yelled, they had to sit in a line of three singing "row, row, row your boat". I believe that this service group has really helped me in developing new skills, in specific my leadership skills. I feel that I have become much more comfortable taking on a leadership role and organizing different activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment