Friday, January 17, 2014

Planning for the Oscars

This month the  SGA is focusing on planning for the Oscars. This school event is a favorite of many. It is a time where the entire secondary school comes together. There are many details that must be worked out before the date of the event. The most important detail is funding this event. The entire event will be expensive and we must fundraise to ensure that we have a successful Oscars. I worked collaboratively with the other members of SGA to come up with ways to raise money. Our first event will be a bake sale.
This is a picture of the chocolate chip cookies I made.


Each SGA member brought a different thing for this weeks bake sale. I made chocolate chip cookies and brought them for the sale.We took shifts selling the baked goods. I increased my awareness of my strengths through this sale. I learned that I work well with others. We all discussed and then agreed on set prices for each good. We created different promotions in hopes of selling more goods and raising more money for the school.

We are now focusing on promoting the Oscars. We have to get the OSC students excited to come to the Oscars. We have done this through making large posters and hanging them around the school. This activity has helped show my commitment to this club. I spent many lunch hours hanging and taking pictures for these posters.
At each meeting we are discussing the set up of the Oscars. On the day of the Oscars we will each come in for multiple hours to help set up. We must hang decorations and create a fun environment for the students.


No comments:

Post a Comment