Tuesday, September 17, 2013

IB ORIENTATION TRIP

September 4-6 my classmates and I went on an amazing adventure to Kitulgala. Borderlands organized our trip and created a wonderful experience for all of us. We participated in multiple fun activities such as hiking and swimming in the river. On this trip I faced many challenges and learned a variety of things not only about my classmates but also about myself.

The most exciting new challenge that I undertook was abseiling. During this activity we had to lower ourselves down an eighty foot water fall. I was extremely scared to try abseiling, my teachers and classmates were encouraging and supportive through every step of this experience. From this activity I learned that it is important to face your fears and try new things. Though I was initially intimidated by the great height of the waterfall, I am happy that I participated in this activity and challenged myself.

My favorite part of the trip was rafting. The first day we arrived in Kitulgala, we were split up into groups of teachers and students, and went rafting in the main river. This was great for learning to work collaboratively with others and allowed me to get to know my classmates better. We cheered and screamed out of fear as we went down the river. I felt that after this experience with my classmates I was able to share a closer bond with them.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment