Tuesday, September 17, 2013

GOALS

This year I hope to challenge myself weekly both physically and academically. I plan on being extremely engaged in my studies and maintaining a high grade point average. I hope to learn new ways of learning and studying.

I am an active member of RCCI. This is a school club in which students help mentally challenged local students to improve their communication skills and learn to interact with others. I have no prior experience in this type of project, therefore it will be a new experience for me. I hope to eventually have a leadership position in this club. 

I hope to be very active in my schools sports teams this year. I plan on trying out for both the soccer and basketball teams. I will develop new skills and improve my playing in both sports. My goal is to be the captain of the team in one of these two sports, this would show my commitment to athletics.


For the creativity section of CAS I will be leading the club Helping Hands and taking yoga lessons. In this club  I work with OSC elementary school children to teach skills such as English and reading to local Sri Lankan children. This club will allow me to further develop my leadership skills. I will plan and initiate activities every week for the students. Through this club it will learn to work collaboratively with others, I will be planning the weekly activities with the other leader of the club. Yoga lessons will allow me to have time to reflect on life I have never taken yoga lessons before so it will allow me to step out of my comfort zone and try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment