Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Helping Hands

This week in Helping Hands we focused on teaching the children the names of the different body parts. We did this through two activities. The first was teaching them the song Head Shoulders Knees and Toes. The children were very excited for this activity and seemed to really enjoy it.



 This activity helped me increase awareness of my strengths. I learned that I have become comfortable talking in front of a group of people. I believe this skill is very important and will help me later when presenting in my different classes. The second activity was tracing the students on a large piece of paper and having them label their body parts. This was a great activity because it taught the children the spelling and location of each body part.



I worked collaboratively throughout this session with the other student leaders and teachers to ensure that everything ran smoothly and that each child received the attention they needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment